Careers at COFCO
COFCO employs a talented staff to form an experienced and diverse support institution. If you are a qualified professional seeking to work in a team-oriented environment, we’d love to meet you! We are currently looking for individuals to fill positions within the following departments. Office furniture industry experience is preferred but not required.
The Account Executive (Philadelphia, PA & Washington D.C. Locations) is responsible for identifying potential new opportunities, following through on leads, and developing a strategic selling plan that provides the actions steps to close sales of both furniture and services from the dealership. He/she will act as the main point of contact between COFCO and specific customers, creating and fostering client relationships. This position is responsible for sales volume, margin percent and business goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes initial contact with new prospects via cold calls, face-to-face meetings and field visits to prospects, potential and existing customers at routine intervals to capitalize on new opportunities.
- Provides timely reports on sales forecasts and new leads as required.
- Develops and maintains a strong knowledge base of dealership’s product lines – product features, application, technical capabilities, specification, discount structure, etc.
- Reports to VP of Sales to develop an approach of pursuing, grow, and close business.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer inquiries, requests for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc.
- Works closely with aligned manufacturer representatives.
- Some key functions of this job entail:
- Developing strategic presentations
- Working with a team to formulate detailed, accurate, and professional quotes
- Execute frequent follow-ups and professional interfaces with the customer, the customer’s employees and any additional third-party.
- Performing all tasks and duties in a flexible, professional, and confident manner with the awareness that you are a representative of COFCO
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in marketing or related field required
- Knowledge of office environment issues and office furniture industry
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably in the contract furniture industry
Reports To: VP of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Interior Designers (Washington, DC Location) are responsible for providing a full scope of design services including site/inventory verifications, programming, space planning, typical development, color boards, working/installation drawings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend client planning meetings; presents plans and information to customer for review and approvals.
- Develop and present furniture plans, color/finish boards and selections to customers.
- Create working drawings for specification and installation.
- Produce product specifications; able to double-check specifications against plans; gets specifications order-entry ready.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Interior Design
- At least 3 years experience in the office furniture industry or related field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 20-20 Worksheet
The Project Manager (Washington, DC Location) is responsible for working in conjunction with Account Executives and customer service during the quotation and sale process. He/she will assume primary responsibility for the success of the project once sale is made through complete punch list. The Project Manager is responsible for the completion of a successful project after point of sale.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides single point of contact for customer for all project communications.
- Provides professional customer interface and client relations throughout project.
- Responsible for customer sign-offs, approvals and formal paperwork.
- Works in conjunction with project management team through the entire project scope.
- Develops work plan, schedule and logistics based on overall project parameters.
- Reviews project site, plans and product specifications.
- Assists in establishing fees, developing quote/presentation and making presentation to customer.
- Provides technical consultation to customer and customer’s team.
- Maintains detailed project documentation.
- Provides timely, formal written communications throughout project to client, dealer and project team.
- Manages accurate and detailed record keeping.
- Reviews technical services’ plans and specifications for accuracy, completeness and correct product application.
- Coordinates with customer service for order entry notes and product delivery scheduling.
- Reviews acknowledgements and ship dates for adherence to original requirements.
- Interfaces with factory, as necessary, regarding shipping schedules and special instructions for manufacturing/shipping.
- Supervises site installation, including performance of work, installation administration and timeliness of task completion.
- Ability to produce takeoffs, specifications and order ready documentation if required
- Ability to analyze, plan, schedule and implement project installation
- Ensures field paperwork is complete, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Walks project and develops punch list; responsible for punch list resolution.
- Confirms project completion and ensures all invoicing is timely and accurate.
- Manages all final project close-out requirements, including lien releases, contract requirements, client sign-offs, etc.
- Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organization needs.
- Represents COFCO in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in business
- Five (5) to seven (7) years experience leading or managing projects
Our entire team comes together to make things happen for our clients. From design and sales to our drivers and installers. COFCO is a full-service company, and I love being a part of this team.
COFCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.